Golborne and Maxilla have been joined together in a federation since March 2013 and from September 2015 all our services will be offered at our Golborne site. This follows the closure of the Maxilla building in July 2015.
Our newly combined provision will offer early education and fee paying places for children aged 2-5yrs. A joint admissions process will apply, as set out below.
Golborne and Maxilla have a maximum of 70 places for children aged between three and five. These are a combination of 15 hour universal places and the 30 hour extended entitlement places which are offered during term time only between the school hours of 9.15am and 3.15pm. Nursery school admissions will usually take place in the September or January following a child’s third birthday.
15 hour Part Time Funded Places
Part time places may be available for either:
2 full school days from 9.15am-3.15pm, plus one half day from 9.15am-12.15pm
or 5 mornings (Mon-Fri) from 9.15am-12.15pm
If there are more applications for part time provision than places available priority will be given after consideration of the following:
- Any existing regular attendance at Golborne or Maxilla
- The educational, medical or social needs of the child / family
- The nearness of the child’s home to Golborne or the former Maxilla site
- The preservation of a balance between the number of boys and girls and three and four year olds on the roll
- In exercising judgement regarding the educational, medical or social needs of the child the Head Teacher will have regard to the child’s cognitive, physical social and linguistic needs, family circumstances, including the need to access affordable “top up” childcare provision and to any additional priority circumstances such as:
- a child with an Educational and Health Care Plan (EHCP) which names the school.
- a child in the care of the local authority.
- a child considered to be a child in need under the 1991 Children Act.
30 hour extended entitlement places
From September 2017, working parents meeting criteria set below, will be able to check on HMRC checking system as to whether they are eligible for an additional 15 hours of nursery provision. These places will be subject to availability, eligibility is confirmed on a termly basis. If your eligibility changes you are given a grace period, after this time your additional hours will be withdrawn, or you will be charged for these additional hours.
- Both parents are earning or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months
- This equates to £120 a week (around £6,240 per year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 (around £5,800 per year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old
- This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on a zero hours contract
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
- If a non-EEA national, the parent must have recourse to public funds.
Who Will not Qualify?
A parent will not meet the criteria when:
- Either parent has an income of more than £100,000
- Either parent is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has no recourse to public funds)
Download Application Form
3 & 4 Year Old Application Form