You can read the our policy below or download or download the document by clicking the link below:
We very much hope that you and your child will be happy with the care, education and other services we provide at our nursery. However, over time the occasional problem will arise and you may wish to take up a concern or complaint with us. Should this be necessary, the procedure is as follows:
1. In the first instance speak to the member of staff most closely involved – probably your child’s keyworker or one of the office staff or support staff. Sometimes a concern or misunderstanding can be quite quickly resolved.
2. If your concern is of a general nature you may find it helpful to talk to a parent governor who can approach the Head on parents’ behalf if they prefer.
3. If a satisfactory conclusion is not achieved, or if your concern or complaint is of a serious nature, talk to the Head. It is helpful if you arrange an appointment to do this to allow proper time and consideration to be given to the matter.
4. If a satisfactory conclusion is still not reached then a formal written complaint may be made to the Chair of Governors. You can write to the Chair at the nursery’s address or pass your letter to one of the parent governors. A current list of governors is displayed in the school reception area. Your complaint or appeal will be dealt with by a panel of no less than two members of the governing body who have had no prior involvement in the matter.
5. If you are still not happy with the response you receive, the local authority’s Family Information Service (FiS) may be able to refer you to officers within the local authority who can advise you further. Alternatively, if your complaint concerns the nursery school, you can contact the Secretary of State for Education via www.education.gov.uk.
6. Ofsted have the power to investigate some complaints made in writing about schools. Ofsted can also investigate concerns or complaints about any childcare or other services provided at the school. Contact them on 0300 123 1231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved and adopted by the Federated Governing Body 23rd May 2019