Post: Nursery Teacher
Suitable for ECT’s
Required for September 2023
Salary Range: M1-M6 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time
Golborne and Maxilla Nursery School is situated in a lively, culturally diverse part of North Kensington. We offer 70 full-time equivalent places, in addition to 20 places for children aged 2- 3. The school achieved “outstanding” in its most recent Ofsted inspection and is popular with families in the local community. Children attend either 30 hours or part time; before and after school and holiday care is also offered.
Golborne and Maxilla nursery school opened their Early Years resource base in 2018, this provision is situated within the nursery school and has specialist provision for 15 children; the majority of which are children with Autism or on the pathway for a diagnosis of Autism. We are looking to appoint a Nursery Teacher with drive and vision to join our dedicated team with an interest in Special Educational needs which would be beneficial for career progression. Therefore, a TLR (TLR1/2/3) would be reflected in the salary.
The successful candidate will be talented, passionate and a suitably experienced Early Years practitioner. You must have a clear understanding and experience of effective teaching and learning as well as raising and sustaining achievements for all children. The candidate must be a strong communicator and team player and able to engage effectively with children, staff and parents on a daily basis. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the belief in the potential of every child as well as the drive to support all children to be the best they can be. This post would be suitable for a candidate with significant Early Years Foundation Stage experience.
You will be joining a friendly and hardworking team who constantly strive to raise standards for the children and themselves, within a successful nursery school. Working together, there is never a shortage of opportunities for our children to strive for greatness.
You must have an understanding of the unique role of the nursery school and a commitment to play-based learning in the Foundation Years, indoors and outdoors. You will understand the importance of promoting children’s emotional wellbeing and social development. You will have strong skills as a teacher, together with the ability to support the development of a strategic vision and the skills to put that vision into practice. The school is strongly committed to working closely with parents and carers, celebrating the strengths of our diverse community and making a positive difference to the lives of young children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent Foundation Years teacher with a strong understanding of appropriate pedagogy for the early years.
- Has knowledge of SEND code of practice as well as knowledge of statutory obligations
- Is dynamic and committed to the continuous development of the school.
- Raise achievement across the school for SEND children, through excellent teaching and learning.
- Staff, children and families find approachable.
- Is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to develop, support and inspire our children, families and staff team.
- Has excellent ICT skills to support tracking pupil progress.
- Is an excellent communicator and leader with good organisational skills.
- Has the capacity to lead other staff in an aspect of our curriculum provision
- Is adaptable and prepared to meet future challenges.
- Is passionate about inclusive practice.
- Is committed to making a significant difference and removing barriers to success for all our SEND children.
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing training, development and professional learning.
• The opportunity to work in a welcoming, caring and vibrant environment.
• An innovative free flow, exciting indoor and outdoor environment.
- A knowledgeable, supportive and dedicated team of staff.
• A highly committed governing body.
- A provision that is well resourced and widely acknowledged as outstanding and at the cutting edge of early years practice.
Our application process consists of two parts. Part 1 is submitting an application form and Part 2 consists of a lesson observation and interview.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Visits to the school and/or conference calls with the Head Teacher, prior to making an application are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please telephone Golborne and Maxilla to make an appointment. We highly recommend you explore our website.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 21st June 2023
Interviews: Monday 26th June & Thursday 29th June